About Our Church
We are a small, welcoming, family friendly Baptist Church, with a normal Sunday morning congregation size of around 30 people and an age range from the over 60s to babies and toddlers.
"They made us so welcome the first time we came, we never went anywhere else!!"
Paul and Virginie
We have a worship service each Sunday morning, except when we meet with one of the other churches, and various meetings during the week.
Find out more:
Our Leadership team
We have a Leadership Team that consists of our minister and four leaders.
Left to right: Neil Mathieson, Church Administrator and Joint Worship Leader; Tom Mayes, Young People's Leader; Mat Hussain, Minister; Craig Hook, Treasurer; Mary Franklin, Sunday School and "Tiddlers" Leader
what we believe
We have adopted the Evangelical Alliance Basis of Faith as the doctrine for our relationship to God.
We support missionary work in Indonesia, Thailand and Mozambique
Esther and Jonathan Heath, serving at the Wesley International School in Malang, Indonesia.
They are currently home on furlough for a year.
We are supporting Wit (who up until March 2015 was our minister) and his wife Helen to be missionaries in his native Thailand.
On 17th January 2016 we held a Commissioning Service to commit them to the task, and us to support them. They are involved in setting up new churches in the north of Thailand and live in the village of Ban Wang Daeng, in Tron district, Uttaradit.
Their guiding text is John 15:16 - "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit – fruit that will last – and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you."
What do football teams and guitar classes have in common???
Current prayer needs summary:
- Pray for the children who come to study English with us as well as their parents or grandparents, Helen’s school students and also the teachers.
- Pray for the basket-weaving ladies and the new concrete-furniture group.
- Pray for Mr Suthat, Khru Oy and the health garden project.
- Praise God for our Christmas outreach and pray that the cartoon books and tracts will really get people thinking about who Jesus is.
- Praise God for our new youth worker, Ajarn Tah, and pray for him as he begins working with us in March.
- Pray that we will be able to put into practice the things we learned at the conference.
- Pray that 2018 would be a year of harvest.
- Pray for us this coming Saturday (31st March) as we are doing an Easter presentation for the children, including songs, games, Easter egg decorating and the Easter story.
- Pray also for Mrs Suree who continues to do Bible study with Wit each week and who is growing in her faith.
Wit and Helen will be visiting us on Sunday 15th July to talk about their work, and Wit will be preaching
Liz and Sergio Vilela are serving in Beira, Mozambique. They are working alongside the Mozambican Baptist Convention helping in youth ministry and community
projects, such as PEPE which is a pre-school programme run by local churches that want to invest in children from deprived areas, giving them an opportunity for education and overall development, particularly social and spiritual.
They came back to England at the beginning of the year, for the birth of their new son Joshua. Having visited Sergio's family in Brazil, they will be back to Mozambique from England at the end of August.
- Sergio’s training week – for protecion while travelling and that hearts and minds will be open to all God has to teach them, and that the Holy Spirit will guide Sergio and others involved in the words they say.
- The Action Team as they complete their last month here and travel back to the UK on 25th March.
- The Barrell family, who are new to our team and are based in Maputo. They arrived in January and have had complications with their visas. So pray that the visas get sorted and they settle in easily to life here.
EAST NORTHANTS FAITH GROUP
We're part of the ENFG - "Putting faith back into your community"
KETTERING AND DISTRICT FELLOWSHIP OF BAPTIST CHURCHES (KDFC)
We share fellowship with a number of other Baptist churches in the area. News and events are in the latest KDFC newsletter - Link-Up